IPL 7: RCB retain Kohli, Gayle, de Villiers ahead of auction
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Royal Challengers Bangalore on Thursday retained their three key players – skipper Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle and AB de Villiers ahead of the upcoming 2014 IPL auction.
The franchise also named veteran Kiwi player – Daniel Vettori as their head coach and former South African speedster Allan Donald as bowling coach. Trent Woodhill was named as the RCB`s batting and fielding coach for the season.
While the auctions will take place on February 12, each franchise can retain upto five players which they have to confirm before January 10.
While Kohli has done exceptionally well in all forms of the game over the years, Chris Gayle`s swashbuckling play has intimidated the best of the bowlers in the IPL. On the other hand, AB de Villiers is one of the finest wicketkeeper batsmen, and his onslaught lower down the order has won several matches for RCB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon