Anderson set to be fit in time for Indian Premier League
Wellington: New Zealand swashbuckler Corey Anderson is expected to be fit for the upcoming Indian Premier League after recovering from a finger injury which had put him in doubt for the cash-rich Twenty20 event.
Anderson, who broke the world record for the fastest ODI century soon after bursting into international cricket last year, was a much sought after player in the IPL players` auction.
Defending champions Mumbai Indians eventually grabbed him for a whopping Rs 4.50 crore (USD 750,000).
"There`s no fracture, no break and we`re very happy with how the injury is going," Anderson was quoted as saying by the `Fairfax NZ News` The 23-year-old`s statement came after he visited a specialist in Auckland last week.
"The ligaments are all fine too; everything else is good to go. Everything went well and the news was all positive," he said. Anderson had hurt his dislocated right little finger during the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh in a match against Sri Lanka.
The injury had triggered speculation of him either giving the IPL a miss or joining the squad late. The IPL will kick off April 16 in the UAE with defending champions Mumbai Indians taking on the Kolkata Knight Riders in Abu Dhabi.
The first half of the IPL (from April 16 to 30) is being played in the UAE due to a clash of dates with the general elections in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song