BCCI not sending Satheesh`s replacement
Mirpur: The BCCI has decided not to send any replacements for M A Satheesh who has been recalled from his duties as Team India's logistics manager from the ongoing ICC World T20 being held here.
"It has been decided that BCCI will not be sending any replacement for the remainder of the ICC World T20. But yes, Satheesh is going back," Indian team's media manager Dr R N Baba told PTI today.
A former Kerala cricketer, Satheesh has been employed with India Cements and had performed the duties of the logistics manager for the past few seasons replacing Russell Radhakrishnan.
However after the Supreme Court's directive that no India Cements employees should be assigned any job in BCCI, Satheesh was called back with immediate effect by the BCCI.
While the earlier release said that visa process delayed the arrival of the new logistics manager, the plan has been apparently shelved.
Logically, since the tournament has reached its business end, the BCCI probably decided otherwise as the logistics manager's domain is very limited once the tour gets underway.
Also sending someone after procurement of visa will mean that he will effectively be in Bangladesh for a period three to four days before the team goes back home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested