BCCI not sending Satheesh`s replacement
Mirpur: The BCCI has decided not to send any replacements for M A Satheesh who has been recalled from his duties as Team India's logistics manager from the ongoing ICC World T20 being held here.
"It has been decided that BCCI will not be sending any replacement for the remainder of the ICC World T20. But yes, Satheesh is going back," Indian team's media manager Dr R N Baba told PTI today.
A former Kerala cricketer, Satheesh has been employed with India Cements and had performed the duties of the logistics manager for the past few seasons replacing Russell Radhakrishnan.
However after the Supreme Court's directive that no India Cements employees should be assigned any job in BCCI, Satheesh was called back with immediate effect by the BCCI.
While the earlier release said that visa process delayed the arrival of the new logistics manager, the plan has been apparently shelved.
Logically, since the tournament has reached its business end, the BCCI probably decided otherwise as the logistics manager's domain is very limited once the tour gets underway.
Also sending someone after procurement of visa will mean that he will effectively be in Bangladesh for a period three to four days before the team goes back home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'