Biswal replies to MCA`s protest, puts in a few riders
Mumbai: The impasse over the shift IPL venue took a new turn after league`s chairman Ranjib Biswal put the ball back in Mumbai Cricket Association`s court by attaching a few riders in order to get the summit clash back from M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore.
Biswal today replied to protest letter it received from the MCA attaching a list of do`s and dont`s which have been clearly defined in the letter.
"We got a letter from Ranjib Biswal but there are some conditions to host the finals. We have called for a managing committee meeting to discuss these conditions," MCA vice-president Ravi Savant told PTI.
Biswal confirmed to PTI that he has replied to the MCA`s letter but refused to divulge the contents of it.
As per reliable sources, the primary condition was BCCI having access to the bulk of the hospitality box passes as they would have a number of high-profile guests arriving from various parts of the world.
This includes some of the ministers of the UAE government, who had helped in smooth organization of the first half in their country.
More hospitality box passes with BCCI means that MCA which had the monopoly on hospitality box passes will have to give up their share if they want the final to be back in the first place.
Another of the conditions laid was getting permission from the Mumbai Police to allow bursting of crackers and playing loud music post 10 pm which is not allowed as per state government diktat.
Some of the conditions listed out were no ambush marketing at the stadium, 85 per cent of the car parking with BCCI, and limited number of accreditation for the MCA. Savant said the meeting would be held tomorrow but it is unclear whether it would happen as the MCA office remains closed on account of Buddha Purnima.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India