Bravo set to miss rest of IPL owing to shoulder injury
Abu Dhabi: Chennai Super Kings all-rounder Dwayne Bravo is set to miss the rest of ongoing edition of the Indian Premier League due to a shoulder injury, dealing a blow to the two-time champions as the West Indian has been integral part of the side.
Ahead of today`s match against Delhi Daredevils, CSK captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said that Bravo could miss "4 to 5 weeks" of IPL-7 after a bad fall in the last game.
"Sad that he won`t be part of the dressing room, hope he recovers soon," Dhoni said. Bravo had suffered the injury while fielding during Kings XI Punjab`s innings last Friday. Bravo took a tumble while fielding at point region in the 11th over to get himself injured.
He unsuccessfully tried to stop a switch hit by Glenn Maxwell off Ravichandran Ashwin in the last delivery of the 11th over with a diving effort and injured his shoulder in the process.
The West Indian left the field and was reportedly taken to a local hospital to ascertain the seriousness of his injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH