Bravo set to miss rest of IPL owing to shoulder injury
Abu Dhabi: Chennai Super Kings all-rounder Dwayne Bravo is set to miss the rest of ongoing edition of the Indian Premier League due to a shoulder injury, dealing a blow to the two-time champions as the West Indian has been integral part of the side.
Ahead of today`s match against Delhi Daredevils, CSK captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said that Bravo could miss "4 to 5 weeks" of IPL-7 after a bad fall in the last game.
"Sad that he won`t be part of the dressing room, hope he recovers soon," Dhoni said. Bravo had suffered the injury while fielding during Kings XI Punjab`s innings last Friday. Bravo took a tumble while fielding at point region in the 11th over to get himself injured.
He unsuccessfully tried to stop a switch hit by Glenn Maxwell off Ravichandran Ashwin in the last delivery of the 11th over with a diving effort and injured his shoulder in the process.
The West Indian left the field and was reportedly taken to a local hospital to ascertain the seriousness of his injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review