CCI to host IPL Qualifier 2: Biswal
Mumbai: The Indian Premier League Qualifier 2 on May 30 has been shifted to the Brabourne Stadium from the Wankhede Stadium, where there are some venue management issues ahead of the June 1 final too.
"CCI will host the May 30 game," IPL Governing Council head Ranjib Biswal told PTI on Wednesday when queried on the matter following news reports here.
While Biswal insisted there were no issues over the June 1 final scheduled at Wankhede, Cricket Board secretary Sanjay Patel said there existed a few which he hoped would be sorted out over the next few days.
"There are some issues relating to venue management and accreditations too with the Wankhede Stadium but Mumbai Cricket Association (owners of venue) vice president Ravi Savant is looking into these and would get back to us in a day or two. These issues were discussed in the IPL Governing Council meeting (held on May 3) too," BCCI secretary Patel told PTI from Baroda.
Patel also said that an agreement is yet to be signed by the Board with CCI for holding the June 30 qualifier between winner of eliminator (May 28) and loser of Qualifier 1 (May 27), both to be held at Chennai.
"We will be signing the agreement with CCI," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened