CCI to host IPL Qualifier 2: Biswal
Mumbai: The Indian Premier League Qualifier 2 on May 30 has been shifted to the Brabourne Stadium from the Wankhede Stadium, where there are some venue management issues ahead of the June 1 final too.
"CCI will host the May 30 game," IPL Governing Council head Ranjib Biswal told PTI on Wednesday when queried on the matter following news reports here.
While Biswal insisted there were no issues over the June 1 final scheduled at Wankhede, Cricket Board secretary Sanjay Patel said there existed a few which he hoped would be sorted out over the next few days.
"There are some issues relating to venue management and accreditations too with the Wankhede Stadium but Mumbai Cricket Association (owners of venue) vice president Ravi Savant is looking into these and would get back to us in a day or two. These issues were discussed in the IPL Governing Council meeting (held on May 3) too," BCCI secretary Patel told PTI from Baroda.
Patel also said that an agreement is yet to be signed by the Board with CCI for holding the June 30 qualifier between winner of eliminator (May 28) and loser of Qualifier 1 (May 27), both to be held at Chennai.
"We will be signing the agreement with CCI," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters