Ex-ICC President Ehsan Mani brands BCCI `hypocrite` for IPL`s advent in UAE
Karachi: Former President of the International Cricket Council ( ICC) Ehsan Mani has said that the Indian Premier League (IPL) being played in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) displays BCCI`s double standards.
BCCI has maintained for years that they would not play in the UAE, but with majority of the IPL-7 season being played there Mani said that this advent of IPL there shows the Indian council`s hypocrisy.
According to PakPassion.net. Mani said that although it is great that the IPL is happening in UAE currently, still the BCCI had come up with all sorts of reasons such as corruption for not playing Pakistan while they blamed the Indian government for not allowing their team to play in UAE.
The former Pakistani cricketer said that UAE has got some fantastic facilities with three world-class stadiums in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, but BCCI had come up with all sorts of excuses to not play there.
However, Mani added that all of BCCI`s excuses have been exposed now as being based upon the money that the BCCI is now making from playing in the country, as opposed to any sound moral stance.
Mani said that in his opinion it would be great to see Pakistan and India revive their cricketing relations, adding that the game is not owned by the board, but the million of fans in the two nations form the main stakeholders.
Mani further added that the Indian and Pakistani fans want an India- Pakistan series, and also welcomed the resumption of ties between the two nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured