Gavaskar wants feedback on IPL COO from team owners
New Delhi: Interim BCCI chief for IPL, Sunil Gavaskar has reached out to the team owners to take their feedback on whether to continue with the services of Sundar Raman, the Chief Operating Officer of the T20 league.
While the Supreme Court ordered removal of all India Cements employees, except the players and commentators, from the BCCI, it left the decision on keeping Raman in the job to Gavaskar, who was made the interim President of the Board for conducting the upcoming IPL.
Gavaskar yesterday had a meeting with the franchise owners and briefed them about the preparations.
According to a report in NDTV, the issue of Raman figured prominently during yesterday`s discussion. Gavaskar also consulted Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan, Royal Challengers Bangalore owner Vijay Mallya and the Mumbai Indians owner Mukesh Ambani.
The Supreme Court appointed probe panel into the IPL betting and fixing scandal, in its report had mentioned that Raman had a role in passing on information for betting to Gurunath Meiyappan, indicted son-in-law of ousted BCCI chief N Srinivasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof