Gavaskar wants feedback on IPL COO from team owners
New Delhi: Interim BCCI chief for IPL, Sunil Gavaskar has reached out to the team owners to take their feedback on whether to continue with the services of Sundar Raman, the Chief Operating Officer of the T20 league.
While the Supreme Court ordered removal of all India Cements employees, except the players and commentators, from the BCCI, it left the decision on keeping Raman in the job to Gavaskar, who was made the interim President of the Board for conducting the upcoming IPL.
Gavaskar yesterday had a meeting with the franchise owners and briefed them about the preparations.
According to a report in NDTV, the issue of Raman figured prominently during yesterday`s discussion. Gavaskar also consulted Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan, Royal Challengers Bangalore owner Vijay Mallya and the Mumbai Indians owner Mukesh Ambani.
The Supreme Court appointed probe panel into the IPL betting and fixing scandal, in its report had mentioned that Raman had a role in passing on information for betting to Gurunath Meiyappan, indicted son-in-law of ousted BCCI chief N Srinivasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened