India, Bangladesh and UAE to jointly host seventh edition of IPL
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Finally, the suspense over the venue of Indian Premier League`s (IPL) seventh edition has ended as the Board of Control for Cricket (BCCI) in India has decided UAE, Bangladesh and India as joint hosts of the forthcoming edition, according to media reports.
The first phase of IPL matches will take place in UAE, then the cash-rich league will move to Bangladesh. And the final phase of event will be held in India.
It is also learnt that the upcoming season of the IPL will kick-start from April 16 and will conclude on June 1.
Earlier, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) informed the BCCI that it has no objection if the Indian cricket board wants to hold the IPL-7 matches post General Elections.
However, the MHA also made it clear that the BCCI has to take the green signal first from the concerned state governments for the security concerns.
On Monday, the IPL governing council chairman and senior BCCI official Ranjib Biswal has said that the BCCI would take some more time before zeroing in on the off-shore venues for the seventh edition of the cash-rich league as discussions are still on with union home ministry.
"We will announce the detailed itinerary of IPL after receiving the clearance from the union home ministry on the issue of security during the matches in India. We are having a series of meetings with home ministry officials and will get a clearer picture in another three days time," Biswal told PTI.
Biswal, a former national selector and manager of the 2011 World Cup winning team, had earlier stated that the "aim is to accommodate as many matches as possible in India as this is the Indian Premier League".
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe