Indian Premier League 7 – Shikhar Dhawan to lead Sunrisers Hyderabad
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Dhaka: In the forthcoming edition of the cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL), Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan will lead the Hyderabad franchise Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Sunrisers Hyderabad took to micro-blogging site Twitter to officially announce the news.
— SunRisers Hyderabad (@SunRisers) March 24, 2014
The southpaw has been part of Sunrisers Hyderabad for quite some time now. In the last edition of IPL, he performed exceptionally well at the top, to give his team good starts upfront. And it might be the result of his good perfromances, that the management has shown so much of confidence in him.
The West Indian Twenty20 skipper Darren Sammy has been appointed as the the vice-captian of the side. “In top form as a right-handed batsman and a fast-medium bowler, Sammy’s experience in the sport as an all-rounder, as West Indies captain of the ongoing World T20 and his consecutive association with the franchise promises to lead the players as a team all the way up to the playoffs as in the previous season,” Sunrisers Hyderabad said in a release.
Along with Dhawan and Sammy, Amit Mishra, Dale Steyn and Thisara Perera are also the part of the Hyderabad franchise. All three are at the top of their game, and have performed exceptionally well in the on-going ICC World Twenty20 so far.
The seventh edition of IPL will kick-start from April 16. The first 30 matches will take place in the UAE and the remaining matches will possibly take place in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25