IPL 2014: Amit Mishra becomes second bowler to take 100 wickets
Zee Media Bureau/Rajdeep Saha
New Delhi: Sunrisers Hyderabad spinner, Amit Mishra, became the second bowler in the history of the Indian Premier League to take 100 wickets.
After going wicketless for four consecutive matches and staying on 99 wickets, Mishra broke the deadlock after getting the prized scalp of Delhi Daredevils skipper Kevin Pietersen at the Feroz Shah Kotla, here on Saturday.
Pietersen opened the innings for Delhi after going through a lean patch and was looking good as he scored a quickfire 35 off just 18 deliveries. But Mishra who came to bowl the seventh over of the innings, got KP who was caught at covers by Shikhar Dhawan, mistiming a shot after dancing down the track.
Mishra then picked up another wicket in the ninth over when Mayank Agarwal tried to hit a shot over mid-wicket but found David Warner at the boundary.
Mumbai Indians` Lasith Malinga is the highest wicket taker with 114 wickets from 80 matches. Kolkata Knight Riders duo Vinay Kumar and Piyush Chawla are respectively in the third and fourth position with 90 and 89 wickets respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!