IPL 2014: Decision on overseas venue in three days` time, says Ranjib Biswal
New Delhi: The IPL governing council chairman and senior BCCI official Ranjib Biswal today said that the BCCI will take some more time before zeroing in on the off-shore venue for the seventh edition of the cash-rich league as discussions are still on with union home ministry.
"We will announce the detailed itinerary of IPL after receiving the clearance from the union home ministry on the issue of security during the matches in India. We are having a series of meetings with home ministry officials and will get a clearer picture in another three days time," Biswal told PTI today.
Biswal, a former national selector and manager of the 2011 World Cup winning team, had earlier stated that the "aim is to accommodate as many matches as possible in India as this is the Indian Premier League".
While speculations are on about possible off-shore venues with Bangladesh and United Arab Emirates (UAE) emerging as frontrunners. South Africa is also in the reckoning but Biswal refused to divulge any information about the off-shore venues.
"I will only reveal the details once we get the okay from the home ministry. I will not react to the speculations about the possible venues," the former Odisha captain stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone have a gala time! SEE pic
- After Brexit victory, India says will strive to strengthen ties with UK, EU both
- Tusk says EU `determined to keep our unity as 27` after Brexit
- Brexit: London stock market plunges 8.0%
- Nadda reviews polio immunisation campaign in Telangana