IPL 2014: Decision on overseas venue in three days` time, says Ranjib Biswal
New Delhi: The IPL governing council chairman and senior BCCI official Ranjib Biswal today said that the BCCI will take some more time before zeroing in on the off-shore venue for the seventh edition of the cash-rich league as discussions are still on with union home ministry.
"We will announce the detailed itinerary of IPL after receiving the clearance from the union home ministry on the issue of security during the matches in India. We are having a series of meetings with home ministry officials and will get a clearer picture in another three days time," Biswal told PTI today.
Biswal, a former national selector and manager of the 2011 World Cup winning team, had earlier stated that the "aim is to accommodate as many matches as possible in India as this is the Indian Premier League".
While speculations are on about possible off-shore venues with Bangladesh and United Arab Emirates (UAE) emerging as frontrunners. South Africa is also in the reckoning but Biswal refused to divulge any information about the off-shore venues.
"I will only reveal the details once we get the okay from the home ministry. I will not react to the speculations about the possible venues," the former Odisha captain stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling