IPL 2014: Jacques Kallis shows his class, yet again
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
Abu Dhabi: He might be the most senior member of the Kolkata Knight Riders squad, but the South African all-rounder – Jacques Kallis, once again played a match-winning innings to kick off the team`s campaign in style, against defending champions Mumbai Indians in IPL 7 opener.
Kallis, who retired from Test cricket to prolong his career in ODIs, scored 72 runs off 46 balls and also took a brilliant catch against Mumbai.
Kallis played a well planned innings, where he rotated the strike for most part of the innings and then accelerated the pace during the death overs.
KKR were heading towards a paltry total, with just 90 runs on the board after 14 overs. Kallis was batting on 35 off 32 balls.
The 35-year-old changed gears from there onwards, as he hit two sixes and a boundary off Ojha`s last over which produced 20 runs. Kallis had found his momentum by then and he continued to pummel the Mumbai bowlers and before being dismissed in the penultimate over, he had played a stupendous knock that got KKR to a respectable score of 163.
Kallis has been an integral part of the KKR squad and if he keeps going the way he did against Mumbai Indians, the Gambhir-led side for sure can expect to win their second IPL title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred