IPL 2014: Making play-offs will be tough, admits Shakib
New Delhi: Kolkata Knight Riders today snapped its four-match losing streak by comfortably beating Delhi Daredevils and all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan exuded confidence that the Gautam Gambhir-led side would make it to the play-offs while admitting that the road ahead was "challenging".
Chasing Daredevils 160 for five, Gambhir led from the front with a strokeful 69 to help KKR return to winning ways.
With three wins out of eight games, the road to the play-offs is not a cakewalk for the Kolkata outfit. "It was good to return among wins. Hopefully, we will kick off from here. We know it won`t be easy but we are up for the challenge," the Bangladesh all-rounder said after the team`s emphatic win at the Feroze Shah Kotla ground here.
"Obviously the play-offs are possible. We will try till the last game. With the squad we have we know we are capable of reaching the play-offs," he said.
"In T20 cricket you will win some and lose some. But we know we are tough enough to make the turnaround."
Shakib was full of praise for his skipper and said a good score from Gambhir has always played a key role in KKR`s success.
"He (Gambhir) has been terrific for KKR in the last three seasons. It is important for the team that he scores. "He is someone who works very hard at the nets. He is the first to go to the nets and the last to return," said Shakib.
Asked about legendary Pakistan pacer Wasim Akram`s role with KKR, Shakib said: "As a professional player we don`t need to learn too many things from him. But his motivation has been very helpful for us. He usually tells how to handle pressure situations. He shares his experiences which has proved beneficial for all of us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price