IPL 7, a golden opportunity for discarded players
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
The seventh-edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) is all set to roll from April 16 when defending champions, Mumbai Indians lock horns with Kolkata Knight Riders in the opening match.
In previous editions, many youngsters cashed in the opportunity, and have produced superlative performances in the League. This season won`t be an exception either. But this time around, there would be a long list of discarded Indian players, who will also try to give their hundred per cent to revive their respective international careers.
Senior pros like Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh and many other discarded players would love to perform in this season of IPL as it can help them get back into the main fold.
Few IPL franchises shown confidence in these discarded players. And Delhi opener, Gambhir was among the lucky ones. The southpaw has been retained by the Kolkata franchise, KKR and will continue to lead the side in IPL 7. Reigning champions Mumbai Indians also retained their lead spinner Harbhajan.
But a few senior players haven`t got the same treatment like Gautti or Bhajji. Viru was among the unlucky ones. Even after showing his eagerness to play for his home franchise Delhi Daredevils, he wasn`t picked. In the end, Kings X1 Punjab included the off-colour swashbuckling opener in their ranks.
So, this IPL season, look out for these out-of-favour players to make some statement with their performance and get back to their prime form. It would be interesting to watch who all would actually mange to cash-in the golden chance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth