IPL-7: Can a well balanced Mumbai Indians defend their title?
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The Mumbai Indians franchise won their maiden Indian Premier League title last season under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma by beating the two-time champions of the League, Chennai Super Kings, in the final. This time around, the Mumbai franchise will look to defend their title under the same skipper.
Before the IPL-7 bidding, MI, retained their five key players in Rohit Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Kieron Pollard, Lasith Malinga and Ambati Rayudu. But the two players who will be missed this season, would be Australian speedster Mitchell Johnson and wicket-keeper batsman Dinesh Karthik. However, the Mumbai Indians management included few impressive players this season, after which the franchise is quite well balanced.
New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson can emerge as the difference maker in IPL-7, as he is the big hitter of the cricket ball and can turn the tables around with his bowling as well. Michael Hussey, who is one of the most utility players in this League, will also play under Rohit Sharma. Hussey, who had been playing for Chennai Super Kings till last season, is a big match player and his international experience can help the team in pressure situations.
Like Hussey, Zaheer too can play a crucial role in MI. He has ample of tricks up his sleeves to fox a batsmen. The ageing bowler can also guide the young pacers in the team like Krishmar Santokie and Josh Hazlewood.
So overall, Mumbai Franchise has a well balanced squad who is all set to defend their title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure