IPL 7: Gautam Gambhir is back with a bang!
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Skipper of Kolkata Knight Riders, Gautam Gambhir started the IPL 7 season on a pathetic note. The southpaw made a hat-trick of ducks in the first three matches KKR played and in their next game, he got out only after scoring just a single.
It seemed as if it was time for him to say goodbye to cricket. His confidence was at an all time low. Even though he tried to change his fortunes by coming down the order, but even that didn`t work for him.
But Gambhir didn`t give up and once again came back to open the innings and went on to score 45 runs in the fifth game against Rajasthan. However, it was a scratchy innings by him, but seemed good enough to get his form back. But the left-hander disappointed once again as he got out cheaply in the next game against the two-time champions Chennai Super Kings.
The Delhi lad then got his form back. In the seventh match, Gambhir made his first fifty of the tournament, which came against Rajasthan Royals. The innings gave him his lost confidence back. Then in the next game, the opener smashed his second consecutive fifty of the league while playing against Delhi. The knock played a crucial role in the match as KKR beat Delhi.
In the last match that KKR played, the skipper led his side from the front and played an unbeaten match-winning knock against the table-toppers Kings XI Punjab.
So, after a forgettable start to the tournament, KKR skipper is back in his former self and has scored three consecutive fifties. Now he is looking much more confident and the way he paced his innings in the last two matches, was exceptional.
At the moment, Kolkata are at the fourth position in the points tally after winning four out of their nine matches. But with two back-to-back wins in their last two matches, it seems like KKR are getting back to their winning ways as the tournament is progressing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy