IPL 7: Gautam Gambhir needs to be at his best against CSK
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: As Chennai Super Kings take on Kolkata Knight Riders in the first match of the second leg of IPL 7, Gautam Gambhir`s form will once again be the key to his team`s success.
Not often do we see Gautam Gambhir struggling in the Indian Premier League. But IPL 7 hasn`t been a memorable one for the Kolkata Knight Riders skipper, who scored three consecutive ducks from as many matches. Gambhir opened his account in the fourth match, but was dismissed on 1.
The left-hander however found some form in the fifth match, where he hit 45 runs off 44 balls against Rajasthan Royals. His knock couldn`t make a difference though, as Rajasthan won the match by doing well in the super over.
Chennai Super Kings will have the home advantage as the match will be played at JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi, which is MS Dhoni`s hometown. In that case, Gambhir will have to play a captain`s knock to stop CSK`s winning streak.
CSK are ranked second in the points table with four wins from five matches, while KKR have won just two of their five games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31