IPL 7: Gautam Gambhir needs to be at his best against CSK
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: As Chennai Super Kings take on Kolkata Knight Riders in the first match of the second leg of IPL 7, Gautam Gambhir`s form will once again be the key to his team`s success.
Not often do we see Gautam Gambhir struggling in the Indian Premier League. But IPL 7 hasn`t been a memorable one for the Kolkata Knight Riders skipper, who scored three consecutive ducks from as many matches. Gambhir opened his account in the fourth match, but was dismissed on 1.
The left-hander however found some form in the fifth match, where he hit 45 runs off 44 balls against Rajasthan Royals. His knock couldn`t make a difference though, as Rajasthan won the match by doing well in the super over.
Chennai Super Kings will have the home advantage as the match will be played at JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi, which is MS Dhoni`s hometown. In that case, Gambhir will have to play a captain`s knock to stop CSK`s winning streak.
CSK are ranked second in the points table with four wins from five matches, while KKR have won just two of their five games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader