IPL 7: Gautam Gambhir needs to be at his best against CSK
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: As Chennai Super Kings take on Kolkata Knight Riders in the first match of the second leg of IPL 7, Gautam Gambhir`s form will once again be the key to his team`s success.
Not often do we see Gautam Gambhir struggling in the Indian Premier League. But IPL 7 hasn`t been a memorable one for the Kolkata Knight Riders skipper, who scored three consecutive ducks from as many matches. Gambhir opened his account in the fourth match, but was dismissed on 1.
The left-hander however found some form in the fifth match, where he hit 45 runs off 44 balls against Rajasthan Royals. His knock couldn`t make a difference though, as Rajasthan won the match by doing well in the super over.
Chennai Super Kings will have the home advantage as the match will be played at JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi, which is MS Dhoni`s hometown. In that case, Gambhir will have to play a captain`s knock to stop CSK`s winning streak.
CSK are ranked second in the points table with four wins from five matches, while KKR have won just two of their five games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai