IPL 7: Getting Gayle out was an awesome moment, says Sandeep Sharma
Dubai: He knocked over Chris Gayle`s stumps in his very first over to set it up for Kings XI Punjab and young medium pacer Sandeep Sharma said it was an "awesome moment" to dismiss the feared batsman in their IPL match against Royal Challengers Bangalore here on Monday.
"I`ve seen Gayle playing many times, hitting many other bowlers, it was an awesome moment (to get him bowled)," Sharma said at the post-match presentation ceremony. Kings XI Punjab continued their winning streak with a facile five-wicket victory to strengthen their position at the top of the heap as Royal Challengers Bangalore were left licking their wounds after yet another loss in the ongoing Indian Premier League.
Man of the Match Sandeep Sharma led with impressive figures of 3/15 while Rishi Dahwan (2/14) and Mitchell Johnson (2/19 ) chipped in with two wickets apiece. There was a wicket for Laxmypathi Balaji also.
"I`m feeling lucky that I`m winning back-to-back Man of the Match awards, I`m feeling awesome," Sharma, who also won the award in his side`s previous game against Kolkata Knight Riders, said.
KIXP skipper George Bailey said they are working well as a unit. "Confidence is a really big thing, we are working well as a unit. Low totals can be tricky, but Viru (Virender Sehwag) in the middle you know you`ll get the boundaries," Bailey said.
When their turn to bat came, Virender had raced to a 26-ball 32 with four boundaries before he was given out caught behind. Replays, though, suggested there was no outside edge.
RCB captain Virat Kohli talked about the importance of momentum in this format.
"When you lose momentum in this format, it is difficult to come back. In these two matches, we have tried different things, they haven`t come off," said.
Kohli praised young Yuzvendra Chahal and Varun Aaron for their efforts with the ball.
"I`ve told Chahal and Aaron to keep attacking all the time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners