IPL 7: Getting Gayle out was an awesome moment, says Sandeep Sharma
Dubai: He knocked over Chris Gayle`s stumps in his very first over to set it up for Kings XI Punjab and young medium pacer Sandeep Sharma said it was an "awesome moment" to dismiss the feared batsman in their IPL match against Royal Challengers Bangalore here on Monday.
"I`ve seen Gayle playing many times, hitting many other bowlers, it was an awesome moment (to get him bowled)," Sharma said at the post-match presentation ceremony. Kings XI Punjab continued their winning streak with a facile five-wicket victory to strengthen their position at the top of the heap as Royal Challengers Bangalore were left licking their wounds after yet another loss in the ongoing Indian Premier League.
Man of the Match Sandeep Sharma led with impressive figures of 3/15 while Rishi Dahwan (2/14) and Mitchell Johnson (2/19 ) chipped in with two wickets apiece. There was a wicket for Laxmypathi Balaji also.
"I`m feeling lucky that I`m winning back-to-back Man of the Match awards, I`m feeling awesome," Sharma, who also won the award in his side`s previous game against Kolkata Knight Riders, said.
KIXP skipper George Bailey said they are working well as a unit. "Confidence is a really big thing, we are working well as a unit. Low totals can be tricky, but Viru (Virender Sehwag) in the middle you know you`ll get the boundaries," Bailey said.
When their turn to bat came, Virender had raced to a 26-ball 32 with four boundaries before he was given out caught behind. Replays, though, suggested there was no outside edge.
RCB captain Virat Kohli talked about the importance of momentum in this format.
"When you lose momentum in this format, it is difficult to come back. In these two matches, we have tried different things, they haven`t come off," said.
Kohli praised young Yuzvendra Chahal and Varun Aaron for their efforts with the ball.
"I`ve told Chahal and Aaron to keep attacking all the time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information