IPL 7: Getting Gayle out was an awesome moment, says Sandeep Sharma
Dubai: He knocked over Chris Gayle`s stumps in his very first over to set it up for Kings XI Punjab and young medium pacer Sandeep Sharma said it was an "awesome moment" to dismiss the feared batsman in their IPL match against Royal Challengers Bangalore here on Monday.
"I`ve seen Gayle playing many times, hitting many other bowlers, it was an awesome moment (to get him bowled)," Sharma said at the post-match presentation ceremony. Kings XI Punjab continued their winning streak with a facile five-wicket victory to strengthen their position at the top of the heap as Royal Challengers Bangalore were left licking their wounds after yet another loss in the ongoing Indian Premier League.
Man of the Match Sandeep Sharma led with impressive figures of 3/15 while Rishi Dahwan (2/14) and Mitchell Johnson (2/19 ) chipped in with two wickets apiece. There was a wicket for Laxmypathi Balaji also.
"I`m feeling lucky that I`m winning back-to-back Man of the Match awards, I`m feeling awesome," Sharma, who also won the award in his side`s previous game against Kolkata Knight Riders, said.
KIXP skipper George Bailey said they are working well as a unit. "Confidence is a really big thing, we are working well as a unit. Low totals can be tricky, but Viru (Virender Sehwag) in the middle you know you`ll get the boundaries," Bailey said.
When their turn to bat came, Virender had raced to a 26-ball 32 with four boundaries before he was given out caught behind. Replays, though, suggested there was no outside edge.
RCB captain Virat Kohli talked about the importance of momentum in this format.
"When you lose momentum in this format, it is difficult to come back. In these two matches, we have tried different things, they haven`t come off," said.
Kohli praised young Yuzvendra Chahal and Varun Aaron for their efforts with the ball.
"I`ve told Chahal and Aaron to keep attacking all the time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800