IPL 7: Praise from all corners for Maxwell
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The Victoria born cricketer, Glenn James Maxwell is looking unstoppable at the moment in the Indian Premier League`s seventh edition. The explosive batsman has not just given sleepless nights to the bowlers, but also provided his franchise – Kings XI Punjab – an opportunity to win their maiden IPL trophy.
The 25-year-old has been in stupendous form with the bat and has single-handedly won matches for his team. Maxwell has missed his maiden IPL century, by close margins, four times in the last seven matches. Apart from those match-winning innings, he also played a 45-run knock against the Mumbai Indians in their second last game, but it went in vain as they lost the match.
The Australian has hogged all the lime light with the help of his whirlwind batting. In fact, he has made his team a force to reckon with. Punjab have won six matches so far in the tournament and lost just once. Their superb run in the season, has taken them right at the top of the points table.
Maxi has impressed everyone with power-packed batting, which has earned him accolades from all the corners. In fact, in the post match ceremony on Wednesday, CSK skipper, MS Dhoni compared him with players like Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag. “Maxwell batted exceptionally well and he was supported by the other batsmen as well. You need some serious talent to hit those sixes one after the other. He is someone who is very different, like Sehwag or Tendulkar and he is batting at his best," said Dhoni.
While Dhoni compared him with players of such stature, Maxwell`s team mate, Virender Sehwag rated him above himself and monstrous hitter Chris Gayle. And to say the least, Maxwell has earned it.
If Maxwell`s carnage continues like this, then no one can stop KXIP from lifting their maiden IPL title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal