IPL-7: RCB will once again bank on power-packed batting line up
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Bangalore based franchise, Royal Challengers Bangalore, have always been a batting powerhouse since the inception of the Indian Premier League (IPL). In the forthcoming edition of the cash-rich league, they will once again rely on their batting to lift their maiden IPL trophy.
This year too, RCB have one of the most dangerous batting lineups in the League. First they retained three destructive batsmen in the shortest format of the game -- Chris Gayle, AB de Villers and Virat Kohli. And then during the IPL-7 auction they bought another hard-hitting batsman in Yuvraj Singh at whopping sum of 14 crore, which also made him the costliest buy of the season.
The monstrous hitter of the cricket ball, Gayle has been performing exceptionally well for his franchise for quite some time now and has been the backbone of the team. In Virat Kohli they have an aggressive skipper who is also known for his consistency with the bat. His sublime form at international level, across all formats, will be an added advantage.
In AB they have one of the best finishers of the game, who can tear-apart any bowling line-up in the world. AB has proved his mettle many a times in the past and in T20 format he has a Taylor-made batting style.
However, Yuvraj Singh faced criticism from many corners after his slow knock in the final of recently concluded World Twenty20, he is a comeback king and would be all set to silence his critics by his performance in the League.
This time around, RCB have a few utility fast bowlers as well in their squad. In Ravi Rampaul, Albie Morkel, Mitchell Starc and Ashok Dinda they have a bunch of experienced speedsters. And Muttiah Muralitharan in the spin department make their bowling unit a decent one.
But still the onus would be on their swashbuckling batsmen to perform throughout the seventh edition and win the maiden IPL title for their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video