IPL-7: RCB will once again bank on power-packed batting line up
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Bangalore based franchise, Royal Challengers Bangalore, have always been a batting powerhouse since the inception of the Indian Premier League (IPL). In the forthcoming edition of the cash-rich league, they will once again rely on their batting to lift their maiden IPL trophy.
This year too, RCB have one of the most dangerous batting lineups in the League. First they retained three destructive batsmen in the shortest format of the game -- Chris Gayle, AB de Villers and Virat Kohli. And then during the IPL-7 auction they bought another hard-hitting batsman in Yuvraj Singh at whopping sum of 14 crore, which also made him the costliest buy of the season.
The monstrous hitter of the cricket ball, Gayle has been performing exceptionally well for his franchise for quite some time now and has been the backbone of the team. In Virat Kohli they have an aggressive skipper who is also known for his consistency with the bat. His sublime form at international level, across all formats, will be an added advantage.
In AB they have one of the best finishers of the game, who can tear-apart any bowling line-up in the world. AB has proved his mettle many a times in the past and in T20 format he has a Taylor-made batting style.
However, Yuvraj Singh faced criticism from many corners after his slow knock in the final of recently concluded World Twenty20, he is a comeback king and would be all set to silence his critics by his performance in the League.
This time around, RCB have a few utility fast bowlers as well in their squad. In Ravi Rampaul, Albie Morkel, Mitchell Starc and Ashok Dinda they have a bunch of experienced speedsters. And Muttiah Muralitharan in the spin department make their bowling unit a decent one.
But still the onus would be on their swashbuckling batsmen to perform throughout the seventh edition and win the maiden IPL title for their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail