IPL-7: RCB will once again bank on power-packed batting line up
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Bangalore based franchise, Royal Challengers Bangalore, have always been a batting powerhouse since the inception of the Indian Premier League (IPL). In the forthcoming edition of the cash-rich league, they will once again rely on their batting to lift their maiden IPL trophy.
This year too, RCB have one of the most dangerous batting lineups in the League. First they retained three destructive batsmen in the shortest format of the game -- Chris Gayle, AB de Villers and Virat Kohli. And then during the IPL-7 auction they bought another hard-hitting batsman in Yuvraj Singh at whopping sum of 14 crore, which also made him the costliest buy of the season.
The monstrous hitter of the cricket ball, Gayle has been performing exceptionally well for his franchise for quite some time now and has been the backbone of the team. In Virat Kohli they have an aggressive skipper who is also known for his consistency with the bat. His sublime form at international level, across all formats, will be an added advantage.
In AB they have one of the best finishers of the game, who can tear-apart any bowling line-up in the world. AB has proved his mettle many a times in the past and in T20 format he has a Taylor-made batting style.
However, Yuvraj Singh faced criticism from many corners after his slow knock in the final of recently concluded World Twenty20, he is a comeback king and would be all set to silence his critics by his performance in the League.
This time around, RCB have a few utility fast bowlers as well in their squad. In Ravi Rampaul, Albie Morkel, Mitchell Starc and Ashok Dinda they have a bunch of experienced speedsters. And Muttiah Muralitharan in the spin department make their bowling unit a decent one.
But still the onus would be on their swashbuckling batsmen to perform throughout the seventh edition and win the maiden IPL title for their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends