IPL-7: RCB will once again bank on power-packed batting line up
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Bangalore based franchise, Royal Challengers Bangalore, have always been a batting powerhouse since the inception of the Indian Premier League (IPL). In the forthcoming edition of the cash-rich league, they will once again rely on their batting to lift their maiden IPL trophy.
This year too, RCB have one of the most dangerous batting lineups in the League. First they retained three destructive batsmen in the shortest format of the game -- Chris Gayle, AB de Villers and Virat Kohli. And then during the IPL-7 auction they bought another hard-hitting batsman in Yuvraj Singh at whopping sum of 14 crore, which also made him the costliest buy of the season.
The monstrous hitter of the cricket ball, Gayle has been performing exceptionally well for his franchise for quite some time now and has been the backbone of the team. In Virat Kohli they have an aggressive skipper who is also known for his consistency with the bat. His sublime form at international level, across all formats, will be an added advantage.
In AB they have one of the best finishers of the game, who can tear-apart any bowling line-up in the world. AB has proved his mettle many a times in the past and in T20 format he has a Taylor-made batting style.
However, Yuvraj Singh faced criticism from many corners after his slow knock in the final of recently concluded World Twenty20, he is a comeback king and would be all set to silence his critics by his performance in the League.
This time around, RCB have a few utility fast bowlers as well in their squad. In Ravi Rampaul, Albie Morkel, Mitchell Starc and Ashok Dinda they have a bunch of experienced speedsters. And Muttiah Muralitharan in the spin department make their bowling unit a decent one.
But still the onus would be on their swashbuckling batsmen to perform throughout the seventh edition and win the maiden IPL title for their franchise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm