IPL-7: Shane Warne congratulates Shane Watson on being chosen RR skipper
New Delhi: Spin legend and former Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne today congratulated compatriot Shane Watson on being chosen as the skipper of the IPL side in the upcoming seventh edition of the cash-rich league.
The 32-year-old all-rounder Watson was yesterday named Rajasthan Royals captain in place of the retired Rahul Dravid who was anointed the team mentor.
"Congrats to Watto on becoming Captain of the Royals, good luck to you & the boys in #IPL 7," Warne tweeted.
Warne also shared a photograph along with the tweet, showing both he and Watson wearing Royals jerseys.
Warne had led the Jaipur-based outfit to the IPL title in its inaugural edition in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amber Heard to depose in Depp-divorce case on August 6
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Delhi to Mumbai in 12 hours! Final trial of Talgo bullet train to start from August 1
- Jared Leto was hesitant about following in Ledger's Joker legacy
- Noted writer and social activist Mahasweta Devi passes away in Kolkata