IPL-7: Shane Warne congratulates Shane Watson on being chosen RR skipper
New Delhi: Spin legend and former Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne today congratulated compatriot Shane Watson on being chosen as the skipper of the IPL side in the upcoming seventh edition of the cash-rich league.
The 32-year-old all-rounder Watson was yesterday named Rajasthan Royals captain in place of the retired Rahul Dravid who was anointed the team mentor.
"Congrats to Watto on becoming Captain of the Royals, good luck to you & the boys in #IPL 7," Warne tweeted.
Warne also shared a photograph along with the tweet, showing both he and Watson wearing Royals jerseys.
Warne had led the Jaipur-based outfit to the IPL title in its inaugural edition in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh