IPL-7: Shane Warne congratulates Shane Watson on being chosen RR skipper
New Delhi: Spin legend and former Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne today congratulated compatriot Shane Watson on being chosen as the skipper of the IPL side in the upcoming seventh edition of the cash-rich league.
The 32-year-old all-rounder Watson was yesterday named Rajasthan Royals captain in place of the retired Rahul Dravid who was anointed the team mentor.
"Congrats to Watto on becoming Captain of the Royals, good luck to you & the boys in #IPL 7," Warne tweeted.
Warne also shared a photograph along with the tweet, showing both he and Watson wearing Royals jerseys.
Warne had led the Jaipur-based outfit to the IPL title in its inaugural edition in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted