IPL-7: Shane Warne congratulates Shane Watson on being chosen RR skipper
New Delhi: Spin legend and former Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne today congratulated compatriot Shane Watson on being chosen as the skipper of the IPL side in the upcoming seventh edition of the cash-rich league.
The 32-year-old all-rounder Watson was yesterday named Rajasthan Royals captain in place of the retired Rahul Dravid who was anointed the team mentor.
"Congrats to Watto on becoming Captain of the Royals, good luck to you & the boys in #IPL 7," Warne tweeted.
Warne also shared a photograph along with the tweet, showing both he and Watson wearing Royals jerseys.
Warne had led the Jaipur-based outfit to the IPL title in its inaugural edition in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency