IPL-7: Shane Warne congratulates Shane Watson on being chosen RR skipper
New Delhi: Spin legend and former Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne today congratulated compatriot Shane Watson on being chosen as the skipper of the IPL side in the upcoming seventh edition of the cash-rich league.
The 32-year-old all-rounder Watson was yesterday named Rajasthan Royals captain in place of the retired Rahul Dravid who was anointed the team mentor.
"Congrats to Watto on becoming Captain of the Royals, good luck to you & the boys in #IPL 7," Warne tweeted.
Warne also shared a photograph along with the tweet, showing both he and Watson wearing Royals jerseys.
Warne had led the Jaipur-based outfit to the IPL title in its inaugural edition in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to get intimate in ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ – Here’s how
- Oomph factor! Priyanka Chopra looks smoking hot in THESE magazine covers
- Missing Batla House encounter suspects Sajid, Rashid appear in ISIS video on Indian 'Jihadists'
- 'BJP will get clear majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections; SP, BSP will give fight in some seats'
- BCCI contemplating over holding mini-IPL in September: Report