IPL-7: Yuvraj Singh needs to live up to the faith shown by Virat Kohli
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Much ahead of the IPL 7 auction, Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Virat Kohli had expressed his desire to include Yuvraj Singh in the squad. It was probably the reason why the team management splurged a whopping sum of Rs 14 crores for the southpaw, making the former Pune Warriors India and Kings XI Punjab player the costliest buy.
Last year, Yuvraj couldn`t contribute much for Pune Warriors India. He was not in his best form, yet RCB were determined to include him in the squad.
RCB have a power-packed batting line up, which includes the likes of Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers and Kohli himself. While Kohli has further strengthened the batting, Yuvi could also trouble the batsmen with left-arm spin, which has got him several wickets in the past.
Yuvraj couldn`t do much in the recently concluded ICC World T20 2014, and many blamed his scratchy innings in the final against Sri Lanka, as something which cost India the trophy.
The left-hander is undoubtedly one of the best batsman in the shortest format of the game, and he will not only want to gain back some momentum in IPL 7, but also silence his critics with another gutsy all-round show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes