IPL: Wicket was not easy to bat on, says Jadeja
Ranchi: Chennai Super Kings all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja today said that the pitch on which they played their IPL match against Rajasthan Royals here was not an easy one to bat on but his side knew they could win if they have wickets in hand till the end.
"Boundaries were not coming during the middle overs, expanding the margin of runs. But we had wickets and we knew if we stayed till the last we could win the match," Jadeja told reporters here after CSK`s five-wicket win.
"Dhoni and I were there and others too played well," said Jadeja, who won the match of the match award.
Jadeja said the wicket of the previous match was different when the ball came nicely on to the bat. "Today, the balls did not come to bat (like last time) while deliveries from spinners kept low with low turn. So, hitting six and four initially became difficult," he said.
Praising his team-mates for their fine display in their five-wicket win over Rajasthan Royals, Jadeja said they showed professionalism, taking responsibility assigned to everyone in all departments of the game -- fielding, bowling and batting.
Rajasthan Royals player Ankit Sharma did not agree that their batting failed, saying CSK chased well. "I did not find anything lacking in our batting. CSK chased very well. The wicket was not easy. The ball was not coming properly. They played very well," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview