Kieron Pollard, Mitchell Starc fined for ugly spat
Mumbai: Kieron Pollard of Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore`s Mitchell Starc have been fined for an ugly spat during the Indian Premier League match between the two teams at Wankhede Stadium here.
Pollard has been fined 75 per cent of his match fee for throwing his bat at Starc, while the Australian fast bowler was fined 50 per cent of his match fee for "conduct contrary to the spirit of the game" last night.
"Kieron Pollard of Mumbai Indians and Mitchell Starc of Royal Challengers Bangalore were both fined after an incident in the first innings," a statement from the IPL organisers stated.
The unpleasant incident between the two players took place in the 17th over of the Mumbai innings when Starc continued with his delivery stride despite Pollard pulling out of his batting stance.
As the Aussie fired the ball at the West Indian, the batsman advanced menacingly towards Starc and flung his willow at the bowler but, luckily, it slipped out of the Trinidadian`s hand and dropped near him.
A fuming Pollard had a word with the umpire, complaining about the bowler`s conduct. In the previous ball, after bowling a bouncer that sailed over Pollard`s head, Starc mouthed something which the big-built West Indian simply brushed away with a wave of his hand.
After the bat lay on the turf, the two on-field umpires intervened to talk to the angry players as Chris Gayle, playing for RCB, came on to calm his West Indian teammate.
Fines were also handed to the two team captains -- Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli -- for maintaining a slow-over rate.
Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit was handed a Rs. 24 lakh penalty for his second over-rate offence, while first-timer Kohli was fined Rs. 12 lakh.
Also, "each of the other 10 members of the Mumbai Indians team was fined the lesser of Rs. 6 lakh or 25 per cent of his match fee."
RCB fast bowler Varun Aaron was reprimanded for breach of the "IPL Clothing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination