Miller eyeing to imbibe courage of conviction from Sehwag
Abu Dhabi: Devastating Kings XI batsman David Miller wants to imbibe the "courage of conviction" from his new teammate and hero Virender Sehwag while sharing the dressing room with the veteran Indian cricketer in the ongoing seventh edition of IPL.
Miller said he won`t let go any opportunity to pick the brains of Sehwag.
"I am doing it gradually. He (Sehwag) has been one of my heroes and there`s so much one can learn from him. One thing I would really like to imbibe from him is his courage of conviction," Miller told IPL`s official website after playing a key role in Kings XI Punjab`s incredible six-wicket win over Chennai Super Kings here yesterday.
"Over the years, he has been so consistent with the way he approaches his game and prepares for it.
He has such strong self-belief that it doesn`t matter what anyone says about his game. He has achieved greatness on his own terms," the South African said about Sehwag.
Miller played the second fiddle with a unbeaten 54 off 37 balls, while Glenn Maxwell struck a blistering 95 off 43 deliveries to inspired Kings XI to an exhilarating win while chasing down a mammoth 205.
"Oh, yes! It was a huge target, but the way Maxwell played was unbelievable. It was thrilling to watch," Miller said.
Kings XI underwent a substantial overhaul in their team composition this year. There is a whole bunch of young cricketers in the change room in Miller himself, Maxwell, Shaun Marsh,
Cheteshwar Pujara etc.
"It has been a big change from the last year. Many new players have come in and we also have a new captain. We have gotten to know each other and will come closer as time goes. It is very exciting to have the new guys to share the dressing room with," Miller said.
Asked if like-minded youngsters help the team bond better, Miller replied: "I think so. They say that youth brings fearlessness and enterprising qualities into a team. I think we saw a glimpse of that in the way we pulled off the tough chase.
"It is easier to bond with guys your age, but having said that, we also have players like Sehwag and (George) Bailey, who bring knowledge and experience with them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone