Morkel reprimanded for using `insulting language`
Sharjah: Kolkata Knight Riders pacer Morne Morkel has been reprimanded for breaching the Indian Premier League (IPL) code of conduct by using "insulting language" during his team`s match against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) here.
"Morkel admitted to the level 1 offence (Article 2.1.4) of using insulting language during the match," said a statement from the tournament organisers.
The Knight Riders beat RCB in a thriller at Sharjah Cricket Stadium.
The statement added: "For Level 1 breaches of the IPL Code of Conduct, the Match Referee`s decision is final and binding."
In another game yesterday, Shane Watson of Rajasthan Royals was fined USD 20 000 for maintaining a slow over rate during the Chennai Super Kings innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie