Nothing is working for us at the moment: Rohit Sharma
Sharjah: Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma found it difficult to explain the consistent failure of his much-vaunted batting line-up stating that "nothing is working" for the team at the moment in the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League.
"Batting has been a problem for us. 126 was not the score we were looking forward to. You need to put up a reasonable total for the bowlers to defend. We kept losing wickets at regular intervals. Still some work is needed to be done," MI skipper did not mince words at the post-match presentation ceremony.
One could sense the disappointment in his voice when he was questioned on what needs to be done to get out of the situation.
"Our batting needs to improve. We have tried things like changing the batting order. It`s not working out at all. Our batters need to step up. Hopefully, we would win a few matches when we go back to Mumbai," the stylish batsman said.
Delhi Daredevils captain Kevin Pietersen lauded his bowlers for executing their plans to perfection.
"It was a 50-50 situation at the toss. Our bowlers were magnificent today. We had a very lengthy meeting yesterday and the boys executed the plans perfectly. Can`t ask for anything more. M Vijay
played an amazing knock, what a player," the elated skipper commented.
Pietersen again reitirated that IPL is more of a "marathon than a sprint" where one needs to get the "momentum and keep doing the right things".
Man of the match Vijay said that he would have ideally liked to finish the game but was happy that the team registered its second win of the tournament.
"The wicket was a bit on the slower side but I would have liked to finish the game for my team," Vijay said.
The Tamil Nadu opener is satisfied with his current form.
"I have been hitting the ball well at the nets and have been able to carry my good form in domestic cricket into IPL".
He also did not forget to thank the crowd in UAE.
"It has been great fun in Dubai as the crowd was amazing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened