Pietersen included in St Lucia Zouks team for Caribbean Premier League
London: Sacked England batsman Kevin Pietersen will reportedly play for the St Lucia Zouks team in the upcoming Caribbean Premier League (CPL) Twenty20 tournament.
Pietersen, who has signed a contract to play for Surrey this season, was selected as first pick in the draft for the 2014 season, which will run from July 5 to August 10.
According to the BBC, Pietersen will join West Indies captain Darren Sammy and veteran Australian batsman Brad Hodge at the Zouks, which is coached by former England and Glamorgan batsman Matthew Maynard.
The report mentioned that Pietersen has also agreed to captain Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL), which will run from 16 April to 1 June, although his availability for Surrey will be restricted by his IPL and CPL commitments.
However, the report added that a clause in Pietersen`s Surrey contract allowed him to accept an offer in play in the CPL, and with eight-and-a-half-hour direct flights available between London and St Lucia, there is the possibility the batsman could travel back and forth between the two.
The CPL, which is entering its second year, features six teams - one each in St Lucia, Antigua, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago, the report also added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living