Pietersen included in St Lucia Zouks team for Caribbean Premier League
London: Sacked England batsman Kevin Pietersen will reportedly play for the St Lucia Zouks team in the upcoming Caribbean Premier League (CPL) Twenty20 tournament.
Pietersen, who has signed a contract to play for Surrey this season, was selected as first pick in the draft for the 2014 season, which will run from July 5 to August 10.
According to the BBC, Pietersen will join West Indies captain Darren Sammy and veteran Australian batsman Brad Hodge at the Zouks, which is coached by former England and Glamorgan batsman Matthew Maynard.
The report mentioned that Pietersen has also agreed to captain Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL), which will run from 16 April to 1 June, although his availability for Surrey will be restricted by his IPL and CPL commitments.
However, the report added that a clause in Pietersen`s Surrey contract allowed him to accept an offer in play in the CPL, and with eight-and-a-half-hour direct flights available between London and St Lucia, there is the possibility the batsman could travel back and forth between the two.
The CPL, which is entering its second year, features six teams - one each in St Lucia, Antigua, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago, the report also added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read