Sacked England cricketer KP can earn 3 m pounds in IPL: Lalit Modi
London: Following the end of his England career, South African-born cricketer Kevin Pietersen, 33, can expect to earn a whopping three million pounds while playing for a franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL), said former IPL commisioner, Lalit Modi here on Thursday.
Modi was quoted by the BBC, as saying that Pietersen`s sacking was the England and Wales Cricket Board`s (ECB`s) loss and the IPL`s gain.
Pietersen has played for Royal Challengers Bangalore, Deccan Chargers and Delhi Daredevils in past IPL tournaments.
He will most certainly be a part of the February 12-13 auction as a free agent after Delhi opted not to retain any of their squad.
Modi believes franchises will be keen to secure Pietersen`s services for the entire seven-and-a-half weeks, and will look at his availability as a god send.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video