Sacked England cricketer KP can earn 3 m pounds in IPL: Lalit Modi
London: Following the end of his England career, South African-born cricketer Kevin Pietersen, 33, can expect to earn a whopping three million pounds while playing for a franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL), said former IPL commisioner, Lalit Modi here on Thursday.
Modi was quoted by the BBC, as saying that Pietersen`s sacking was the England and Wales Cricket Board`s (ECB`s) loss and the IPL`s gain.
Pietersen has played for Royal Challengers Bangalore, Deccan Chargers and Delhi Daredevils in past IPL tournaments.
He will most certainly be a part of the February 12-13 auction as a free agent after Delhi opted not to retain any of their squad.
Modi believes franchises will be keen to secure Pietersen`s services for the entire seven-and-a-half weeks, and will look at his availability as a god send.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments
- Unsure if monetary policy panel to set rates in August: Raghuram Rajan
- German Bakery blast: Maha Govt. challenges Bombay HC order in SC
- Chinese woman gives birth to a baby girl from embryo frozen 18 years ago
- Spirituality helps you transform into a better human – Here’s how