Sacked England cricketer KP can earn 3 m pounds in IPL: Lalit Modi
London: Following the end of his England career, South African-born cricketer Kevin Pietersen, 33, can expect to earn a whopping three million pounds while playing for a franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL), said former IPL commisioner, Lalit Modi here on Thursday.
Modi was quoted by the BBC, as saying that Pietersen`s sacking was the England and Wales Cricket Board`s (ECB`s) loss and the IPL`s gain.
Pietersen has played for Royal Challengers Bangalore, Deccan Chargers and Delhi Daredevils in past IPL tournaments.
He will most certainly be a part of the February 12-13 auction as a free agent after Delhi opted not to retain any of their squad.
Modi believes franchises will be keen to secure Pietersen`s services for the entire seven-and-a-half weeks, and will look at his availability as a god send.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics