Saurabh Tiwary ruled out of IPL with shoulder injury
New Delhi: Burly Jharkhand batsman Saurabh Tiwary has been ruled out of the remainder of the seventh edition of Indian Premier League due to a shoulder injury.
The left-hander, who has not played a single game for Delhi Daredevils this season, has been ruled out as what was thought to be a shoulder niggle turned out into a full-fledged injury. He has been sent home and will probably go to NCA for a rehab programme.
"Tiwary was having problems with his throwing arm. He was having pain while throwing from the deep. It does not look like as if he would be featuring any further in this edition of the Indian Premier League," an IPL source informed PTI today.
Meanwhile, DD skipper Kevin Pietersen said that they can`t take KKR lightly despite the team`s poor show in the current edition.
"Any teams that lose consistently are more desperate to make a comeback and KKR will be no different. We can`t afford to take them lightly," the skipper said.
Pietersen also defended his bowlers saying that it`s impossible for them to maintain consistency considering the fickle nature of the format.
"I don`t believe in blame games. It is very difficult for the bowlers in this format. I believe that we are very close to a win and it will come soon," said the skipper and coach Gary Kirsten also echoed his statements.
On a different note, Kirsten was asked about India`s tour of England in July, and the South African was evasive.
"I had enjoyed my time as India coach for three years. This job gives me a chance to be with my family more. As far as the England tour is concerned, any away series is tough but I don`t see any reason why India can`t do well," Kirsten said.
Daredevils` South African leg-spinner Imran Tahir`s visa problems have been sorted out but it is unlikely that he will feature against KKR in tomorrow`s game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why