Saurabh Tiwary ruled out of IPL with shoulder injury
New Delhi: Burly Jharkhand batsman Saurabh Tiwary has been ruled out of the remainder of the seventh edition of Indian Premier League due to a shoulder injury.
The left-hander, who has not played a single game for Delhi Daredevils this season, has been ruled out as what was thought to be a shoulder niggle turned out into a full-fledged injury. He has been sent home and will probably go to NCA for a rehab programme.
"Tiwary was having problems with his throwing arm. He was having pain while throwing from the deep. It does not look like as if he would be featuring any further in this edition of the Indian Premier League," an IPL source informed PTI today.
Meanwhile, DD skipper Kevin Pietersen said that they can`t take KKR lightly despite the team`s poor show in the current edition.
"Any teams that lose consistently are more desperate to make a comeback and KKR will be no different. We can`t afford to take them lightly," the skipper said.
Pietersen also defended his bowlers saying that it`s impossible for them to maintain consistency considering the fickle nature of the format.
"I don`t believe in blame games. It is very difficult for the bowlers in this format. I believe that we are very close to a win and it will come soon," said the skipper and coach Gary Kirsten also echoed his statements.
On a different note, Kirsten was asked about India`s tour of England in July, and the South African was evasive.
"I had enjoyed my time as India coach for three years. This job gives me a chance to be with my family more. As far as the England tour is concerned, any away series is tough but I don`t see any reason why India can`t do well," Kirsten said.
Daredevils` South African leg-spinner Imran Tahir`s visa problems have been sorted out but it is unlikely that he will feature against KKR in tomorrow`s game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam