Shah Rukh, Madhuri likely to perform in IPL gala dinner
Dubai: Despite the Indian Premier League management planning to start season 7 without an opening ceremony, the gala dinner may feature Bollywood beauty Madhuri Dixit and KKR Principal owner Shah Rukh Khan performing to their popular songs.
An opening dinner has been planned at the Emirates Palace on April 15, a day ahead of the opening clash between Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders in Abu Dhabi.
According to the Gulf News, Deepika Padukone might also share the stage with Shah Rukh and Madhuri.
"Shah Rukh will interact with the guests and invite them on stage for some impromptu song-dance entertainment. For a full-fledged performance, Madhuri has been confirmed," a source was quoted in Gulf News.
The first part of the seventh edition has been shifted to the UAE in the wake of General Elections in India. The UAE leg will host the first 20 matches from April 16 to 30, while the remaining 40 will be hosted by India from May 2. The final will be played on June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet