Srinivasan must be kept out of BCCI affairs: SC
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court of India on Wednesday, said that the probe into allegations made by the Mudgal Committee against 13 people including N Srinivasan should be done by BCCI itself.
The SC also said that Srinivasan must be kept out of the affairs of BCCI. N Srinivasan has been named in the report on spot-fixing scandal that has beleaguered the Indian Premier League.
Srinivasan's interim order on March 28 will stand. On Tuesday, Srinivasan had filed an affidavit asking the court to reinstate him as he had done no wrong.
The SC also agreed to hear BCCI`s plea seeking tapes of the audio recording of interactions of Mudgal committee with Indian skipper MS Dhoni and Srinivasan. The SC also said that it cannot close its eyes after having come to know about the allegations.
The Supreme Court has asked the BCCI to respond how it will conduct a probe into the match-fixing and betting allegations. "We cannot close our eyes after having come to know about the allegations," the two-judge bench said. The bench also agreed to hear BCCI`s plea seeking tapes of conversation between Mudgal committee Srinivasan and Mahendra Singh Dhoni. The top court also said that Sundar Raman can continue as the Chief Operating Officer of the Indian Premier League. This was on the basis of Gavaskar`s recommendation, the court informed.
The Supreme Court is looking at a damning report it commissioned into wrongdoing in last year`s IPL when former Test bowler Shanthakumaran Sreesanth was caught deliberately bowling badly while playing for the Rajasthan Royals in return for thousands of dollars from bookmakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!