Tahir to replace Nathan; Zaheer, Saurabh ruled out of IPL-7
New Delhi: Pakistani-born South African spinner Imran Tahir will replace injured Australian fast bowler Nathan Coulter-Nile in the Delhi Daredevils team for the remainder of the IPL-7.
Tahir is eligible to play when Delhi Daredevils take on Kolkata Knight Riders at the Ferozeshah Kotla Ground, following the IPL Technical Committee`s decision to approve the replacement on Wednesday.
Coulter-Nile had injured his hamstring in the match against Chennai Super Kings on April 21. Meanwhile, Zaheer Khan of Mumbai Indians and Saurabh Tiwary of Delhi Daredevils too have been ruled out of the IPL for remainder of the season, following their respective injuries.
In accordance with the IPL Player Regulations, the two franchises may each take a replacement player from the list of players who registered for the 2014 IPL Player Auction but were not taken in the auction.
Zaheer had suffered a severe side strain after bowling just three deliveries of his final over in Mumbai`s game against Kings XI Punjab at Wankhede, while Jharkhand batsman Saurabh, who didn`t play a single game, had a shoulder niggle which turned out to be a full-fledged injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP