Tahir to replace Nathan; Zaheer, Saurabh ruled out of IPL-7
New Delhi: Pakistani-born South African spinner Imran Tahir will replace injured Australian fast bowler Nathan Coulter-Nile in the Delhi Daredevils team for the remainder of the IPL-7.
Tahir is eligible to play when Delhi Daredevils take on Kolkata Knight Riders at the Ferozeshah Kotla Ground, following the IPL Technical Committee`s decision to approve the replacement on Wednesday.
Coulter-Nile had injured his hamstring in the match against Chennai Super Kings on April 21. Meanwhile, Zaheer Khan of Mumbai Indians and Saurabh Tiwary of Delhi Daredevils too have been ruled out of the IPL for remainder of the season, following their respective injuries.
In accordance with the IPL Player Regulations, the two franchises may each take a replacement player from the list of players who registered for the 2014 IPL Player Auction but were not taken in the auction.
Zaheer had suffered a severe side strain after bowling just three deliveries of his final over in Mumbai`s game against Kings XI Punjab at Wankhede, while Jharkhand batsman Saurabh, who didn`t play a single game, had a shoulder niggle which turned out to be a full-fledged injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!