Tendulkar bowls at MI nets alongside son Arjun
Dubai: Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar was seen bowling at the Mumbai Indians nets alongside son Arjun at the International Cricket Council (ICC) Academy here.
The Mumbai legend`s presence at the academy created quite a stir as hundreds arrived to catch a glimpse of him. Tendulkar, 40, bowled long spells to the Mumbai batsmen and so did
Arjun, who looked as focussed as his father, the Gulf News reported.
The Master Blaster may have bid adieu to the game after helping MI do a double last season - won the IPL and Champions League Title - but will be seen wearing his No.10 jersey in the team`s dugout after the management decided to retire the shirt.
"We had decided to retire the No.10 jersey worn by Sachin. He is our icon and he will inspire us from the dugout wearing it," Leeladhar Singh, the media manager in charge of the Mumbai Indians, told the Gulf News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie