Tendulkar bowls at MI nets alongside son Arjun
Dubai: Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar was seen bowling at the Mumbai Indians nets alongside son Arjun at the International Cricket Council (ICC) Academy here.
The Mumbai legend`s presence at the academy created quite a stir as hundreds arrived to catch a glimpse of him. Tendulkar, 40, bowled long spells to the Mumbai batsmen and so did
Arjun, who looked as focussed as his father, the Gulf News reported.
The Master Blaster may have bid adieu to the game after helping MI do a double last season - won the IPL and Champions League Title - but will be seen wearing his No.10 jersey in the team`s dugout after the management decided to retire the shirt.
"We had decided to retire the No.10 jersey worn by Sachin. He is our icon and he will inspire us from the dugout wearing it," Leeladhar Singh, the media manager in charge of the Mumbai Indians, told the Gulf News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users