Tendulkar bowls at MI nets alongside son Arjun
Dubai: Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar was seen bowling at the Mumbai Indians nets alongside son Arjun at the International Cricket Council (ICC) Academy here.
The Mumbai legend`s presence at the academy created quite a stir as hundreds arrived to catch a glimpse of him. Tendulkar, 40, bowled long spells to the Mumbai batsmen and so did
Arjun, who looked as focussed as his father, the Gulf News reported.
The Master Blaster may have bid adieu to the game after helping MI do a double last season - won the IPL and Champions League Title - but will be seen wearing his No.10 jersey in the team`s dugout after the management decided to retire the shirt.
"We had decided to retire the No.10 jersey worn by Sachin. He is our icon and he will inspire us from the dugout wearing it," Leeladhar Singh, the media manager in charge of the Mumbai Indians, told the Gulf News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report