Tendulkar bowls at MI nets alongside son Arjun
Dubai: Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar was seen bowling at the Mumbai Indians nets alongside son Arjun at the International Cricket Council (ICC) Academy here.
The Mumbai legend`s presence at the academy created quite a stir as hundreds arrived to catch a glimpse of him. Tendulkar, 40, bowled long spells to the Mumbai batsmen and so did
Arjun, who looked as focussed as his father, the Gulf News reported.
The Master Blaster may have bid adieu to the game after helping MI do a double last season - won the IPL and Champions League Title - but will be seen wearing his No.10 jersey in the team`s dugout after the management decided to retire the shirt.
"We had decided to retire the No.10 jersey worn by Sachin. He is our icon and he will inspire us from the dugout wearing it," Leeladhar Singh, the media manager in charge of the Mumbai Indians, told the Gulf News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video