We will try to get on top of RCB: Steven Smith
Bangalore: Rajasthan Royals all-rounder Steven Smith on Saturday said that his team would try to get on top of Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), who are already under pressure to win most of their remaining eight matches in order to book a berth in play-off stage of the IPL.
"Bangalore are in a rough situation as they have to win majority of the games if not all of them to make into the playoffs. Hopefully, we can maintain our momentum and try to get on top of them," Smith told reporters on the eve of their match against RCB at Chinnaswamy stadium here.
He, however, admitted that since Bangalore are in a precarious situation, they may come out all guns blazing tomorrow.
Asked whether his team has spotted cracks in Bangalore`s top-order, Smith said, "I think this side has got some quality players. T20 is a quite a tricky game. One day you won`t score and the next day you come all guns blazing, which we have seen in Chris Gayle scoring 100s lot of times. They also got some big match winners and we will try to contain them and give us chance to win the game against them."
On whether the team management is planning to make some changes in the light of inconsistent batting performance of the top-order, Smith said it was not a big issue as they had to play on different types of pitches.
"At lot of times, the wicket has dictated how many runs we have got. The wicket in the last game was slow. It was a low-scoring game. I don`t think it`s a big issue," he said.
Smith also said that the team had won most of the games and were sitting pretty in points table (at third position).
"We have won most of the games so far (five out of eight), and we are sitting pretty well on the points table.
"I think we are going pretty well. It is more about having processes in right place. You are not going to win every game. It is part and parcel of the game. For us it is all about having the processes right and executing them, which will make us win more matches," he said.
If chasing small totals is a tricky affair for Rajasthan, Smith said, "It shouldn`t. The wicket last time was quite slow and tricky. The one against Chennai, we think we didn`t play well."
Smith said it was nice to have players like Karun Nair and Stuart Binny in the side as they could give vital tips about the conditions here.
"It`s nice to have them because they can talk about local conditions," said the Australian.
He also praised Nair, saying, "We have seen Karun doing really well for us in last couple of games. He looks to be a very good cricketer."
On Binny, Smith said, "We know he can hit the ball as far as anyone. He has probably not come to terms as he would have liked in this tournament. Hopefully, it is around the corner tomorrow night - find some touch and get a few over the fence."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority