Win was incredible and Lynn`s catch was unbelievable, says Gambhir
Sharjah: Skipper Gautam Gambhir called it "incredible" after his side Kolkata Knight Riders pulled off a remarkable come-from-behind victory over Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League here today.
Riding on one of the greatest catches of all time and superb bowling at the death, the Knight Riders pulled off a two-run win in a thrilling last-ball finish.
"It was a incredible win. We deserved some luck too as we have had a number of these last-ball finishes," Gambhir said at the post-match presentation ceremony after his side`s second win in the tournament.
Chasing 151, RCB fell short after an airborne Chris Lynn, who had earlier smashed a 31-ball 45, stretched his body backwards at the deep midwicket fence to pull off a blinder and send back dangerman A B de Villiers.
"Once the ball got a little old, it was difficult to hit. Chris scored useful runs, so did Surya. So we had it in mind that once the ball got that old, we had a chance.
"We were scratchy with the bat, and with the ball, so we need to improve on the areas. The catch was unbelievable and Chris deserved the Man of the Match for that catch," Gambhir added.
Asked about the blinder that he had pulled off, Lynn said, "I slipped and I though if I stood up and dropped the catch, it would look very silly, so just stayed down."
Chasing on a good batting surface, Bangalore were off to a blazing start with Yogesh Takawale (40) and Parthiv Patel (21) dealing in boundaries. They were very much the favourites to log full points till Lynn came in their way.
RCB Bangalore captain Virat Kohli said his team messed up the chase in the last few overs.
"We lost that game rather than KKR winning that one. We played some really good cricket to restrict them to a total, built partnerships, but messed up the game in the last few overs," a dejected Kohli said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla