IPL auction on February 3
New Delhi: The players auction for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held on February 3 instead of January 12.
IPL chief executive Sundar Raman tweeted the news after a workshop in Jodhpur during which the decision was reportedly conveyed to all nine franchise representatives.
"Pepsi IPL auction on 3rd Feb," Raman tweeted.
The auction is likely to see 37 players going under the hammer.
Though the venue for the auction is yet to be finalised, the representatives were told it would be held "in a metro".
The IPL`s governing council decided to postpone the auction date to ensure that it does not clash with India`s One-day series against England, scheduled to be held from January 11-27.
Besides briefing the representatives about the auction date and schedule, the workshop had the IPL organisers making various presentations related to player regulations, sponsors` obligations, etc..
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what