IPL auction on February 3
New Delhi: The players auction for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held on February 3 instead of January 12.
IPL chief executive Sundar Raman tweeted the news after a workshop in Jodhpur during which the decision was reportedly conveyed to all nine franchise representatives.
"Pepsi IPL auction on 3rd Feb," Raman tweeted.
The auction is likely to see 37 players going under the hammer.
Though the venue for the auction is yet to be finalised, the representatives were told it would be held "in a metro".
The IPL`s governing council decided to postpone the auction date to ensure that it does not clash with India`s One-day series against England, scheduled to be held from January 11-27.
Besides briefing the representatives about the auction date and schedule, the workshop had the IPL organisers making various presentations related to player regulations, sponsors` obligations, etc..
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown