IPL auction on February 3
New Delhi: The players auction for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held on February 3 instead of January 12.
IPL chief executive Sundar Raman tweeted the news after a workshop in Jodhpur during which the decision was reportedly conveyed to all nine franchise representatives.
"Pepsi IPL auction on 3rd Feb," Raman tweeted.
The auction is likely to see 37 players going under the hammer.
Though the venue for the auction is yet to be finalised, the representatives were told it would be held "in a metro".
The IPL`s governing council decided to postpone the auction date to ensure that it does not clash with India`s One-day series against England, scheduled to be held from January 11-27.
Besides briefing the representatives about the auction date and schedule, the workshop had the IPL organisers making various presentations related to player regulations, sponsors` obligations, etc..
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion