IPL auction on February 3
New Delhi: The players auction for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held on February 3 instead of January 12.
IPL chief executive Sundar Raman tweeted the news after a workshop in Jodhpur during which the decision was reportedly conveyed to all nine franchise representatives.
"Pepsi IPL auction on 3rd Feb," Raman tweeted.
The auction is likely to see 37 players going under the hammer.
Though the venue for the auction is yet to be finalised, the representatives were told it would be held "in a metro".
The IPL`s governing council decided to postpone the auction date to ensure that it does not clash with India`s One-day series against England, scheduled to be held from January 11-27.
Besides briefing the representatives about the auction date and schedule, the workshop had the IPL organisers making various presentations related to player regulations, sponsors` obligations, etc..
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani