IPL auction on February 3
New Delhi: The players auction for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held on February 3 instead of January 12.
IPL chief executive Sundar Raman tweeted the news after a workshop in Jodhpur during which the decision was reportedly conveyed to all nine franchise representatives.
"Pepsi IPL auction on 3rd Feb," Raman tweeted.
The auction is likely to see 37 players going under the hammer.
Though the venue for the auction is yet to be finalised, the representatives were told it would be held "in a metro".
The IPL`s governing council decided to postpone the auction date to ensure that it does not clash with India`s One-day series against England, scheduled to be held from January 11-27.
Besides briefing the representatives about the auction date and schedule, the workshop had the IPL organisers making various presentations related to player regulations, sponsors` obligations, etc..
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe