IPL auction price not sunk in yet: Nayar
Mumbai: Mumbai`s leading run-getter of the season, Abhishek Nayar, is focused on the Irani Cup game against the Rest of India, commencing here on February 6, and is not exactly celebrating the steep price of Rs 3.5 crore that he commanded at the Indian Premier League auction.
"To be honest it has not sunk in yet because the Irani Trophy game is round the corner and I am more focused towards that. Hopefully, post that or post to having a good IPL, I can thing about the money part. As of now that`s not on my mind," Nayar said today after Mumbai`s practice session at the Wankhede Stadium.
Nayar was bought for USD 675,000 by Pune Warriors at the auction held in Chennai yesterday, and would be moving over to play for a new franchise in IPL-6, to be held from April 3, after having represented Kings XI Punjab last season.
Nayar, who scored over 950 runs in the season for Mumbai, said now that he knows his new team, he can concentrate on his preparations.
"I am happy and also relieved. I know where I am playing now. Hopefully, I can prepare well and deliver.
"I am very happy where I am. Hopefully I can prove (justify) the amount of trust put in me by playing to my potential," he said about his shift from King`s XI Punjab to the Warriors.
The left-handed batsman, who bowls medium pace with his right arm, has been a late addition to the India `A` squad to take on the visiting Australian team in Chennai from Feb 16-18.
"I would be lying if I said if I wasn`t disappointed, but I was hopeful that there would be something better around the corner. Now that it has happened I feel it`s just about going there and proving the selectors right," he said about his late inclusion as an additional member of the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India