IPL betting case: CBCID to file charge sheet by month end
Chennai: The Crime Branch CID of Tamil Nadu Police, investigating the IPL betting scandal, is likely to file a charge sheet in the case by the end of this month, a top official said on Tuesday.
"Most probably, we will file the charge sheet in the court by the end of this month," Director General of Police (CB-CID) Narendra Pal Singh said.
Asked about media reports on the agency not finding anything incriminating against Chennai Super Kings official Gurunath Meiyappan in the case, he said, "You know, it is not proper to talk anything since we are yet to file a charge sheet. It is not proper and I don`t have any comment."
Soon after their counterparts in Delhi arrested medium-pacer S Sreesanth and two other players of the Rajasthan Royals team on charges of spot-fixing, Tamil Nadu Police claimed to have busted a betting racket here with the arrest of six bookies besides recovering Rs 14 lakh cash, mobile phones and laptops.
It also later arrested city-based hotelier Vikram Aggarwal, in connection with the case, who was later granted conditional bail.
Aggarwal is a friend of CSK team principal Gurunath Meiyappan.
While granting bail to suspended cricketer Ajit Chandila and two others, who were arrested in connection with the spot-fixing scandal, a Delhi court had yesterday observed that some of the arrested accused persons were having "nexus" with the organised crime syndicate which bring the case under the fold of stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says