IPL betting case: Hotelier Vikram Aggarwal gets conditional bail
Chennai: Hotelier Vikram Aggarwal, arrested in connection with the IPL betting case, was on Friday granted conditional bail by a court here.
Metropolitan Magistrate S Saravanan granted bail to Aggarwal on the condition that he should appear before the Crime Branch CID in the city every day and surrender his passport.
Aggarwal was arrested on June 10 by the CB-CID police at the end of a seven-hour-long grilling over his alleged links with a bookie and betting on cricket matches of Indian Premier League.
The relief for Aggarwal came a day after he was lodged in the central prison here on expiry of his police custody.
He had yesterday complained of chest pain, when he was taken to a government hospital before being sent to the prison.
Meanwhile, police sources said CB-CID of the Tamil Nadu Police would coordinate with Mumbai Crime Branch, in connection with the case.
The hotelier, summoned by Mumbai Crime Branch, had appeared before it on May 31 in connection with a separate case on IPL betting.
Owner of two hotels in Chennai, Aggarwal is a friend of suspended CSK team principal Gurunath Meiyappan, who was also arrested on similar charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves