IPL betting case: Meiyappan, Vindoo voice samples match
Mumbai: In more trouble for IPL betting scandal accused Gurunath Meiyappan, an ex-official of Chennai Super Kings (CSK), and actor Vindoo Dara Singh, their voice samples matched with the tapped telephonic conversation in which they were purportedly discussing matches and betting activities, police said today.
Mumbai Police, probing the scandal that surfaced in 2013 edition of the T20 league, recently received a forensic report which confirmed the voice samples of Meiyappan and Vindoo matched with the tapped telephonic conversation between them during IPL matches, a senior Crime Branch official said.
Meiyappan, who was Team Principal of CSK, and Vindoo were arrested in the wake of scandal and are now on bail.
The report will further strengthen our case against the two. During the conversation, Meiyappan, son-in-law of BCCI President N Srinivasan, was found discussing things such as possible outcome of matches, toss, team composition, pitch condition, weather and betting activities among others, the officer said.
Investigators have in their possession extensive transcripts of telephone conversations not only between the two but also other accused, police said.
Vindoo used to collect match-related information from Meiyappan and then shared it with bookies, they said.
In September last year, Meiyappan was chargesheeted along with Vindoo and 20 others in the IPL betting case for forgery, cheating and criminal conspiracy, four months after the scandal rocked the cricketing world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read