IPL betting case: Sampath Kumar suspended for allegedly receiving money from bookie
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: Former Tamil Nadu Superintendent of Police (internal security), G. Sampath Kumar – who had earlier probed IPL betting case, was on Friday placed under suspension for allegedly receiving money from a bookie.
Before the IPL betting case was transferred to the Crime Branch-Criminal Investigation Department, Sampath in his capacity as the Superintendent of Police of `Q` branch, handled the high-profile case.
According to reports, Sampath was suspended because the CB-CID lodged a case against him for allegedly receiving a sum of Rs 53 lakh from one of the bookies, Mahendra Ranka, ostensibly to clear his name in the case.
The order of suspension was issued by the Union Public Service Commission and was sent to the Tamil Nadu Additional Director of Police, Sanjeev Kumar, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested