IPL betting case: Sampath Kumar suspended for allegedly receiving money from bookie
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: Former Tamil Nadu Superintendent of Police (internal security), G. Sampath Kumar – who had earlier probed IPL betting case, was on Friday placed under suspension for allegedly receiving money from a bookie.
Before the IPL betting case was transferred to the Crime Branch-Criminal Investigation Department, Sampath in his capacity as the Superintendent of Police of `Q` branch, handled the high-profile case.
According to reports, Sampath was suspended because the CB-CID lodged a case against him for allegedly receiving a sum of Rs 53 lakh from one of the bookies, Mahendra Ranka, ostensibly to clear his name in the case.
The order of suspension was issued by the Union Public Service Commission and was sent to the Tamil Nadu Additional Director of Police, Sanjeev Kumar, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it