IPL betting: Delhi Police washes hands off Raj Kundra
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police have reportedly in a letter to Jaipur Police asked for it to take action against IPL betting accused and Rajasthan Royals’ co-owner Raj Kundra.
A leading news daily on Saturday quoted a letter that clearly states Delhi Police’s intention of washing their hands of the case.
As per the letter Delhi Police argue that Kundra "had bet in a match which happened in Jaipur" and therefore the case should be investigated there.
Interestingly, the case came into limelight after the Delhi Police arrested three cricketers – S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan – on charges of spot-fixing in IPL. However, not one of them has been accused of spot-fixing in matches played in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife