IPL chief Shukla refuses to talk more on scandal, Srinivasan
Patna: A day after expressing his unwillingness to be IPL Chairman again, Union Minister Rajiv Shukla today refused to talk more than what he had already said on the raging spot-fixing scandal and the demand for resignation of BCCI President N Srinivasan.
"I have already spoken in detail about the entire thing yesterday...I have nothing to add to it," Shukla told reporters in response to a volley of questions on the subject.
Shukla landed here this morning along with Union Corporate Affairs minister Sachin Pilot en route to Maharajganj to seek vote for Congress candidate Jitendra Swami in the by-election there.
While Shukla did not entertain any question on Srinivasan or the spot-fixing scandal, Pilot told reporters that a thorough inquiry should be done into the scandal so that the confidence of people on the game was regained.
"The spot fixing scandal has sullied the name of cricket and hurt the feeling of people who are fondly attached to the game...An inquiry has been ordered into the scandal and I am confident that it will hold thorough probe to regain confidence of people towards lovely game of cricket," Pilot said.
Shukla and BCCI Vice President Arun Jaitley had yesterday asked Srinivasan to "stay away" till investigations against his son-in-law were completed in the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt