IPL clean-up sweeps away cheerleaders, night parties
New Delhi: Indian cricket board`s interim president Jagmohan Dalmiya Monday said there would be no late-night parties and cheerleaders in the next edition of Indian Premier League as part of "Operation Clean-up" to restore the reputation of the IPL and the game.
Dalmiya announced the slew of steps here Monday to clean up IPL which was rocked by spot fixing controversy in IPL-6 that concluded last month.
He said there will be restriction on movement near the teams’ dug-out and dressing room and the diktat would also include the team owners. This came after the suspension of Chennai Super Kings chief Gurunath Meiyappan and Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra in the IPL spot fixing scandal.
There will be stricter code of conduct for the players, officials and support staff. The players are barred from accepting gifts and they will have to give their phone numbers to the BCCI before the start of the tournament.
Dalmiya went on to say that anti-corruption officials at the ground and team hotel "will have to be adequate". Players will not be allowed to use phones at the ground besides adhere to the ban on use of earplugs.
Talking about the conflict of interest, Dalmiya said the national selectors "should not be part of an IPL team".
The players would now be now required to disclose their financial interest with other organisations to the board before the start of IPL. The teams on their part will need to share their players’ payment with the BCCI.
A meeting of team captains will be held before IPL begins. Besides, a programme would be held to apprise players of the consequences of corruption in the game.
“Apart from these, there are many other points I need to discuss with players and team owners. The programme can be called as operation clean-up. If we are able to clean up cricket, it will be a great service to the game,” said Dalmiya.
He was also asked about banning IPL as it is often blamed for harming Indian cricket.
“I don’t agree with the notion that banning IPL is a solution for all the problems. We are committed to clean the image of the game,” Dalmiya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi