IPL: Deccan Chargers auction today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Cash strapped IPL team Deccan Chargers will be looking for potential buyers at the auction to be held in Chennai on Thursday.
Electronic giants Videocon, Actor Salman Khan, the RPG Group and the Adani Group have submitted their bids to take over the ownership of the team from Deccan Chronicle Holdings.
The base price for the Hyderabad franchisee, which was bought for Rs 428 crore in 2008, is said to be around Rs 750 crore.
Whoever wins the bid will have to meet BCCI’s eligibility criteria and other requirements. If Deccan Chargers fail to find a buyer in the auction, the franchise will be scrapped altogether and the BCCI will float a tender for a new team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn