IPL: Deccan Chargers auction today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Cash strapped IPL team Deccan Chargers will be looking for potential buyers at the auction to be held in Chennai on Thursday.
Electronic giants Videocon, Actor Salman Khan, the RPG Group and the Adani Group have submitted their bids to take over the ownership of the team from Deccan Chronicle Holdings.
The base price for the Hyderabad franchisee, which was bought for Rs 428 crore in 2008, is said to be around Rs 750 crore.
Whoever wins the bid will have to meet BCCI’s eligibility criteria and other requirements. If Deccan Chargers fail to find a buyer in the auction, the franchise will be scrapped altogether and the BCCI will float a tender for a new team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister