IPL: Deccan Chargers auction today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Cash strapped IPL team Deccan Chargers will be looking for potential buyers at the auction to be held in Chennai on Thursday.
Electronic giants Videocon, Actor Salman Khan, the RPG Group and the Adani Group have submitted their bids to take over the ownership of the team from Deccan Chronicle Holdings.
The base price for the Hyderabad franchisee, which was bought for Rs 428 crore in 2008, is said to be around Rs 750 crore.
Whoever wins the bid will have to meet BCCI’s eligibility criteria and other requirements. If Deccan Chargers fail to find a buyer in the auction, the franchise will be scrapped altogether and the BCCI will float a tender for a new team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends