IPL: Deccan Chargers auction today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Cash strapped IPL team Deccan Chargers will be looking for potential buyers at the auction to be held in Chennai on Thursday.
Electronic giants Videocon, Actor Salman Khan, the RPG Group and the Adani Group have submitted their bids to take over the ownership of the team from Deccan Chronicle Holdings.
The base price for the Hyderabad franchisee, which was bought for Rs 428 crore in 2008, is said to be around Rs 750 crore.
Whoever wins the bid will have to meet BCCI’s eligibility criteria and other requirements. If Deccan Chargers fail to find a buyer in the auction, the franchise will be scrapped altogether and the BCCI will float a tender for a new team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre