IPL fixing: BCCI moves SC seeking transcripts of audio tapes
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Wednesday moved an application in the Supreme Court (SC) to obtain a copy of transcripts of audio tapes of Board President N Srinivasan and Chennai Super Kings skipper MS Dhoni, recorded by Justice Mudgal Committee, which probed allegations of Indian Premier League (IPL) spot and match-fixing.
In the application BCCI has also sought the transcripts of statements by Sundar Raman, the Chief Operating Officer of IPL.
The Mudgal committee, which was appointed in October last year, had investigated the IPL scandal and submitting its report before the two-judge SC bench on February 10. Along with the reports, the panel also submitted a sealed envelope that contained severe allegations of `sporting fraud`. According to media reports it was also learnt that many cricketers are also involved in the fixing saga who are part of the current Indian team.
The next hearing in the case is on April 16 and to argue their case the BCCI`s lawyers are seeking transcripts of the audio tapes.
The petitioner`s counsel had already charged Dhoni for not revealing the real identity of Gurunath Meiyappan, who has been indicted by the panel for betting and sharing team information.
On March 28, the SC had passed an interim order which stripped N Srinivasan off his powers as BCCI president and appointed two interim Board heads -- Sunil Gavaskar (for IPL) and Shivlal Yadav (for non-IPL affairs).
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!