IPL fixing: Bishan Singh Bedi hails Supreme Court, says BCCI has touched a new low
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former India captain Bishan Singh Bedi on Tuesday hailed the Supreme Court`s remarks on the betting and match-fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Bishan Singh, who represented the country in 67 Test matches, also lamented that the BCCI has touched a new low following the IPL scandal.
Earlier in the day, before posting the next hearing for March 27, the apex court observed that for a fair investigation into the allegations of betting in the IPL, Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) president N Srinivasan has to step down.
After going through the contents of a report filed in a sealed cover by apex court-appointed probe panel into the scandal, a two-judge bench headed by Justice AK Patnaik said there are "very very serious" allegations made in the report.
"In our opinion, Srinivasan has to step down for a fair investigation into the allegation of betting," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note