IPL fixing: FIR filed against Srinivasan, Meiyappan
Jaipur, Nov 1 (PTI) Former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi`s legal counsel Mahmood Abdi on Friday lodged an FIR against BCCI president N Srinivasan and his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan at a local police station charging them of fixing an IPL VI match between CSK and Rajasthan Royals held on May 12.
Abdi, who is also the president of Sriganganagar District Cricket Association, lodged an FIR at the Jyoti Nagar Police Station.
Abdi filed a complaint in a local court on October 26 and 28 October. The court of the additional Chief judicial magistrate-8 issued directions to Jaipur police to investigate into the allegations.
In compliance with the directions of the court, Jyoti Nagar police station registered an FIR today in the matter.
He claimed that in accord with the directions of the Honourable court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate - Satish Chandra Godara, an FIR has been registered to investigate into the allegations of match fixing by the BCCI President and Managing Director of India Cements Ltd, N Srinivasan and his son-in-law and Chennai Super Kings team principal Gurunath Meiyappan.
In his complaint, Abdi alleged that Srinivasan and Meiyappan had used their substantial influence to ensure that CSK underperform, in order for the accused to gain financial benefits through illegal match-related betting activities.
He further alleged that pre-match rumours suggested that Chennai Super Kings would deliberately underperform and score around 130 to 140 runs to ensure a Rajasthan Royals victory.
CSK scored 141 and the Royals chased down the target in 17 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof